The terms of this Policy are without prejudice to any contractual terms you may enter into with us, which shall prevail over the terms of this Policy.
a. Customer End Users. We will never sell or otherwise transfer this data. End user data will be available to the customer providing such data for the purpose of providing services to such customer. We may use aggregated and anonymized data for marketing and publicity purposes.
b. Customers. We will use information provided by customers as required to provide our services. We may transfer customer information to third-party GDPR-compliant service providers who provide analysis of customers’ use of our platform. We may use aggregated and anonymized data for marketing and publicity purposes.
3. Data Processing. Shipbook maintains an internal list of all data processing activities it conducts, as well as any activities conducted by sub-contractors. Data is processed inside and outside the European Union and any Shipbook contractors are GDPR- compliant. Data will only be copied to the extent required to provide you with our services. For questions on these matters, please contact email@example.com.
4. Server space. Shipbook uses server space from a third party based in the European
Union, which is GDPR-compliant.
5. Retention and Deletion of Data. Shipbook keeps your data only for as long as is reasonably needed for such purposes and/or in accordance with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements. When you register with us, you will need to complete certain fields as well as to choose a user name and password, and submit other service-specific details. In these situations, if you chose to withhold any data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to obtain a product or service, to gain access to certain parts of our websites and for us to respond to your queries. Shipbook uses a third-party SSL-encrypted service for processing payments, and credit card information is collected directly by such third party. Shipbook does not store credit card information.
6. Non-Disclosure of Information. Shipbook will not sell, rent, share or otherwise distribute or make available data to third parties, except when required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or when data may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for or on behalf of Shipbook for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which your Data were originally collected, or except as part of the sale of Shipbook or its business or for improvement and analytics purposes. Please see Section 2 for further details. When disclosure of Data to third parties is likely or necessary for whatever reason, Shipbook shall ensure that such third parties provide the same level of protection as Shipbook, and shall contractually require them to process data transferred only for the purposes authorized by you and on a confidential and secure basis.
7. Shipbook Representative. You may reach the Shipbook representative in charge of data processing at: firstname.lastname@example.org for any concerns or queries regarding data processing.
8. EU Representative: GDPR-Rep.eu is Shipbook’s appointed EU representative in accordance with Article 27 of the GDPR, for more information, please contact email@example.com.
9. Right of Access. You have the right to access and update your data or to require their deletion. We endeavor to ensure that your data are up to date, accurate and complete. If you wish to access, correct or delete your data held by us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Deletion of your data will not be possible in certain cases due to legal or regulatory requirements. In addition, deletion of your data may make it impossible for SHIPBOOK to provide you with certain services.
10. Security / Confidentiality. Access to data is restricted to those of our employees on a need to know basis and who have been trained to observe strict standards of confidentiality in handling your data. To ensure the security and confidentiality of data we use data networks protected, inter alia, by industry standard firewalls and SSL encryption. Although we have tried to create a secure, reliable and trustworthy website, please be aware that the Internet is generally not regarded as a complete secure environment, and that therefore the confidentiality of the data provided by you or material transmitted via our website or by e-mail cannot be guaranteed by Shipbook.
11. Anonymous Data / “Cookie” Technology. When you visit our website, we do not collect any personal data from you unless specifically, voluntarily and knowingly provided by you. Anonymous information is processed by Shipbook to help improve the content of our website and to learn more about how visitors use our websites. In doing so, Shipbook may use tracking technology (“Cookies”) to gather anonymous information, such as browser type, operating systems and the date and time of access. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A Cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer hard drive. Many browsers allow you to disable cookies, and you can do so by accessing the browser settings.
12. Spamming. Shipbook does not conduct “spamming”. Spamming is defined as sending unsolicited e-mails, usually of commercial nature, in large numbers and repeatedly to individuals with whom the sender has had no previous contact or who have declined to receive such communications.
13. Data and Children. To respect the privacy of children and to comply with laws designed to protect children, children under the age of 18 should not provide any data to Shipbook. Shipbook will not knowingly collect, use, or disclose data from a minor under the age of 18, without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility (parent, guardian). We ask that parents supervise their children while online.
14. Trademark Rights. Shipbook is the owner of all trademarks, logos and identifying marks used on the Shipbook website. Third parties are not allowed to use and apply any of the trademarks, logos and identifying marks without the express written consent of Shipbook.
16. For Data Subjects in the EU:
We value your data subject rights under GDPR and therefore appointed GDPR-Rep.eu as representative according to Art 27 GDPR and provide you with an easy way to submit us privacy related request like a requests to access or erase your personal data. If you want to make use of your data subject rights, please visit: https://gdpr-rep.eu/q/14270826
Maetzler Rechtsanwalts GmbH & Co KG
Attorneys at Law
c/o Shipbook Ltd.
Schellinggasse 3/10, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Please add the following subject to all correspondence:
GDPR-REP ID: 14270826